U.S. Citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports 9:00 – 5:30Monday through Friday & 9:00 – 1:30 on Saturdays at the Hamblen County Clerk’s Parkway office.
Hamblen County Clerks
2415 N Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown, TN 37814
For application forms, documentation required, fees and other information visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs.
Passport Applications (DS-11 newest) can be obtained from the Hamblen County Clerk’s office or at www.travel.state.gov
When Applying For A Passport You Must Have:
- Completed unsigned application with social security number.
- Certified birth certificate with seal (must be raised or multi-colored with both parents names) and cannot be hospital record or copy.
- The birth certificate is mailed with the passport application.
- Your birth certificate is returned to you in a separate mailing from your passport.
- One 2X2 color passport photo without glasses. Available at most Walgreens or other major shopping stores.
- Driver’s license or Government ID, preferably with photo.
- $110 check to U.S. Department of State for adults and minors 16 years of age or over.
- $80 check to U.S. Department of State for minors 15 years of age or under.
- $35 cash or check to the Hamblen County Clerk for each application.
Everyone applying for a passport must appear in person, including infants and minors. If a minor is under 16 years of age, both parents must be present, or the parent who is not present must complete a consent from which we can provide or you may download one here.
It usually takes 18 weeks to receive your passport. If you need your passport sooner, you can expedite your application. Expedited applications usually take 12 weeks.
- To expedite for individuals 16 years and older make your check payable to U.S. Department of State in the amount of $187.56 ($110 for passport; $60 for expediting and $17.56 for return mail).
- To expedite for individuals 15 years or younger make your check payable to U.S. Department of State in the amount of $157.56 ($80 for passport; $60 for expediting and $17.56 for return mail).
- Include $35.00 cash or check payable to Hamblen County Clerk for each application.
*For extensive online travel information visit www.travel.state.gov
Our Office now has the ability to take Passport Photos for ages 1 and up at the Parkway office for a fee of $15.