U.S. Citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports 9:00 – 5:30Monday through Friday & 9:00 – 1:30 on Saturdays at the Hamblen County Clerk’s Parkway office.
Hamblen County Clerks
2415 N Davy Crockett Parkway
Morristown, TN 37814
For application forms, documentation required, fees and other information visit the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs.
Passport Applications (DS-11 newest) can be obtained from the Hamblen County Clerk’s office or at www.travel.state.gov
When Applying For A Passport You Must Have:
* Completed unsigned application with social security number.
* Certified birth certificate with seal (must be raised or multi-colored with both parents names) and cannot be hospital record or copy.
* The birth certificate is mailed with the passport application.
* Your birth certificate is returned to you in a separate mailing from your passport.
* One 2X2 color passport photo without glasses. Available at most Walgreens or other major shopping stores.
* Driver’s license or Government ID, preferably with photo.
* $130 check to U.S. Department of State for adults and minors 16 years of age or over.
* $100 check to U.S. Department of State for minors 15 years of age or under.
* $35 cash or check to the Hamblen County Clerk for each application.
Everyone applying for a passport must appear in person, including infants and minors. If a minor is under 16 years of age, both parents must be present, or the parent who is not present must complete a consent from which we can provide or you may download one here.<http://www.travel.state.gov./>
It usually takes 6-9 weeks to receive your passport. If you need your passport sooner, you can expedite your application. Expedited applications usually take 3-5 weeks.
*The processing times begin the day the passport agency receives the passport, not on the day the customer applied for a passport at an acceptance facility.
* To expedite for individuals 16 years and older make your check payable to U.S. Department of State in the amount of $208.32 ($130 for passport; $60 for expediting and $18.32 for return mail).
* To expedite for individuals 15 years or younger make your check payable to U.S. Department of State in the amount of $178.32 ($100.00 for passport; $60 for expediting and $18.32 for return mail).
* Include $35.00 cash or check payable to Hamblen County Clerk for each application.